The Aspinall Foundation are dedicated to protecting rare and endangered animals around the globe. We rely on generous donors and fundraisers to fund our vital work.
We focus on returning captive bred animals back to the wild. The Aspinall Foundation fund and manage animal protection and reintroduction projects in Congo, Gabon, Java, Madagascar and support many more around the world. Our vital conservation work has helped to bring species back from the brink of extinction, boost critically endangered wildlife populations, protect natural habitats, recover entire ecosystems and rescue, rehabilitate and animals from the illegal wildlife trade.
A few highlights of our recent work:
• In Madagascar with our protection The Greater Bamboo Lemur population has increased from 100 to 1000.
• We have successfully released over 70 Gorillas into Congo & Gabon and have had over 30 wild births.
• In 2019 we rescued 11 Elephants, 4 Giraffe, 24 Wildebeest and 18 Buffalo from a reserve struggling with severe drought, lack of food and a lack of management to new reserves where they will be well fed, watered and protected.
• We are protecting huge areas of African Savannah and Forest in Gabon & Congo as well as Rainforests in Madagascar to help entire ecosystems to recover and thrive once again.
• We are working in Somaliland to rescue and rehabilitate orphaned cheetahs from the illegal wildlife trade and return them safely to the wild.
By supporting us you can help us continue our vital conservation work giving a future to rare and endangered wildlife.
Thank you for standing up for wildlife
European Bison became extinct in the wild in 1927. In 2014, Port Lympne Reserve and other UK Zoos sent 6 female cap… https://t.co/mjbjpEjnYi
[[ formattedDate(date, 'j') ]][[ formattedDate(date, 'S') ]][[ formattedDate(date, 'D').toUpperCase() ]]
[[ formattedDate(event.end_date, 'j') ]][[ formattedDate(event.end_date, 'S') ]][[ formattedDate(event.end_date, 'D').toUpperCase() ]][[ formattedDate(event.end_date, 'M') ]][[ formattedDate(event.end_date, 'Y') ]]