We almost don’t want to give this recipe away, it’s that good! It is the perfect recipe to experiment with, although (having tried a fair few variations ourselves) we know you’ll love this one.
You will get quality, low-GI carbs from the buckwheat and oats, and just enough fast release energy from the maple syrup and goji berries to get switch your body on and get you ready for the day. The vast array of nuts and seeds will also deliver much needed ‘good’ fats and additional fiber. And even better, you can make up a big batch of this and store it in an airtight container.
50g pumpkin seeds
50g sunflower seeds
90g maple syrup
80g coconut oil
30g desiccated coconut
10g cinnamon powder
50g goji berries
50g flax seeds
50g golden linseed
- preheat oven to 160C
- place the coconut oil in a microwave safe dish and heat on high for 15-30 seconds or until the oil is liquid
- in a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients listed from oats to desiccated coconut and half the cinnamon - stir thoroughly coating all the ingredients in the maple syrup and oil
- lay the mixture out on baking trays
- cook in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring after 7-8 minutes
- remove mixture and immediately stir in the remaining ingredients and leave to cool
Note: this can be eaten as you would a cereal by adding milk or enjoyed on top of yoghurt, fromage frais or cottage cheese. It can also be enjoyed on its own as a snack.